Dehydration in Summer – Causes, Symptoms, & Treatment
The summer season has always been quite challenging for us. It demands us to be more attentive regarding our health. It is common for people to suffer from dehydration in summer. In this write-up, we will concentrate on what causes Dehydration, its symptoms, and its treatment.
What is Dehydration?
Dehydration is a condition that occurs when your body doesn’t have as much water as it requires. According to science, most of the human body is water. The average percentage of water in a person’s body is around 60%. This educates us that water plays a vital role in keeping our bodies functioning. When we lose water in high quantities from our bodies, our organs, cells, and tissues fail to work, which results in dehydration.
What Causes Dehydration?
There can be many causes of dehydration, but in this section, we will check out five causes.
Let’s check each point one by one:
- Fever – If you have a high fever, you probably lose a lot of water in the form of sweat. It causes more damage to your body and can lead to dehydration.
- Diarrhea – Diarrhea is usually caused by eating junk food. When a person is experiencing diarrhea, it takes a lot of fluid from his/her body in a short time. In this condition, a person loses a lot of water and minerals in the form of watery stool and vomiting. This condition can become serious if a patient doesn’t get proper medical care.
- Excessive Sweating – When you do activities like running, skipping, weight lifting, stretching, jogging, swimming, biking, and don’t go on taking liquid in your body can cause severe problems. Those activities make you sweat more than the other common activities. As a result, you lose a lot of water which can lead to dehydration.
- Excessive Heat – When you work outside in hot weather, you better maintain your body by drinking a lot of water. Excessive heat absorbs a large amount of water from our body.
- Not Drinking Enough Water – Not drinking enough water is the basic cause of dehydration. For the most part, the human body depends upon water. If we don’t drink water as much as our body needs, we can become dehydrated.
Symptoms of Dehydration
If you are seeing one of the symptoms given below, you better see a doctor. Delaying can become a threat to your life.
- Dry mouth
- Weakness and light-headedness.
- Peeing little
- Loss of appetite
- Dry skin
- Increased heart rate
- Low blood pressure
Home Remedy for Dehydration in Summer
Home remedies also play a vital role in combating dehydration in summer. Consuming home remedies will save a lot of the money that you spend on medicine. These remedies are compatible enough to make you good enough for your daily routine.
Let’s check out some of the best home remedies for dehydration in summer.
Lemon Water – Lemon water should never be ignored in the summer season. Lemon water is one of the best solutions to stay hydrated. It acts as a refreshing drink and provides excessing beneficial elements to our inner system. It consists of sugar, water, salt, and lemon that give balanced vitamins and minerals. Therefore, if you are feeling down about your health, don’t forget to keep taking lemon water as it acts to restore your fluid and electrolyte balance.
Coconut Water – Coconut water is also a great solution to be hydrated in the summer season. Coconut water contains electrolyte substances, the same substance also found in our bodies, therefore it combines quite well and helps maintain water balance in our body. The quantity of potassium and sodium is also high in coconut water which provides us minerals.
Curd and Yogurt – Curd and yogurt are very healthy items people generally use in the summertime. They keep the water level high in our bodies as they are loaded with calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, and sodium, and the right amount of carbohydrates. Overall they are a good source of energy on which we rely during the summer season.
Watermelon – Watermelon is a healthy food people generally take to intake its watery substance. It is rich in vital nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin A, and magnesium, that helps us combat dehydration quite well. To stay well and fit, one must add this vital fruit to his diet.
Orange Juice – Orange is one of the best home remedies for dehydration in summer. It is loaded with Vitamin C, sodium, and potassium which helps to replenish the nutrients levels in the body. Drinking orange juice every day will shape you to stay strong for all the challenges you face in summer. Moreover, it also improves eyesight and prevents kidney diseases.
Home remedies work well enough to defeat dehydration. But in case of critical condition, you have to rely on medicine and medical professionals.
Defeat Dehydration Under the Guidance of Our Professional Staff
We bring you our best services to heal you from all levels of dehydration. If you are seeing any symptoms of dehydration or any disturbance in your blood function, you must take action as soon as possible. Here we have a well-trained staff and doctors who will take care of you and treat you with the latest technology and artificial tools. Come to the SR Diagnostics lab and take advantage of our services at an affordable price.
This blog contains all the vital notes related to dehydration. We have concluded the meaning of dehydration, what causes dehydration, and its symptoms. Moreover, we have also given notes on how to beat dehydration in summer. We hope this blog will help you understand how you can maintain your health in the summer season.