Lung Cancer – Symptoms, Stages, Causes, Treatment
Lungs are the part of the body that takes oxygen and releases CO2. Many people are suffering from lung cancer in this era. It is one of the most common and dangerous diseases in this era and the main reason for death in the world. Maximum cases are related to smoking in lung cancer. It is the leading type of cancer in men and women. But there are also some cases where smoking is not found.
What is Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is the type of cancer that damages the lungs. When cells increase in the lungs it becomes lung cancer. Lung cancer is also known as lung carcinoma. This means Heavy cells make tumors that become lung cancer.
Causes for Lung Cancer?
There are many reasons for this disease that is given below –
Smoking – Smoking is the main cause of the development of lung cancer in both men and women. According to studies, smoking is the main reason for 80% of lung cancer.
Passive smoke – It is like another person is smoking in front of you and you take that through breath. It also can be the cause of lung cancer.
Air Pollution – Pollution is one of the causes of lung diseases. This means chemicals released from the factories and vehicles smoke from burning fuels can be a reason for this cancer
Genetic predisposition – According to studies, DNA can be the main reason for this disease. This means if someone had this problem in a family member then they will be affected by this dangerous illness.
What are the Symptoms of a Lung Tumor?
There are some symptoms of lung cancer, which tells us about this. With help of these symptoms, we can know lung cancer earlier –
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Coughing up blood
- Weight loss
- Hoarse voice
- Pain in Bone
- Continuously cough
- Feeling tired
- Repeated pneumonia
Different Stages of Lung Cancer
Lung cancer divides into 4 main stages that are below –
Stage1 – In this stage cancer can be in the lungs but has no effects on lymph nodes.
Stage2 – In This stage cancer can be reached in lymph nodes around the lung.
Stage 3 – Stage 3 divides into two parts –
- Stage 3A – In this stage cancer can spread to the chest wall and veins near the lung.
- Stage 3B – In this stage, cancer spreads to the jugular veins along with both the lungs.
Stage 4 – This is the last stage of lung cancer. In this cancer can spread to the lungs and the whole body.
How Can We Prevent It?
These are some ways to avoid lung cancer –
- If you don’t smoke it is good for you but if doing then quit as soon as possible.
- Changing eating habits and lifestyle.
- Physical activities
- Vitamin E supplements
- Lower your exposure to radon
There are numerous types of treatments depending on the stage of lung cancer. The process of operation differs for both types of lung cancer. But some main treatments are given below –
- Surgery – This is the medical process used by doctors to cut a cancerous part of the body.
- Chemotherapy – With the help of chemotherapy doctors use powerful chemicals that kill fast-growing cells in your body.
- Radiation therapy – Radiation therapy is also known as radiotherapy. In this treatment, doctors use high doses of emission to kill elements of cancer.
- Targeted therapy – In this therapy, doctors use drugs to kill cancer cells. The drugs can be given through your veins.
Best Diagnostic Center for Lung Cancer Treatment
If you have the kind of symptoms that are mentioned above then you need to do a medical checkup. For your better checkup, you can come to SR Diagnostics Noida. There are the world’s latest labs that provide reports with 100% accuracy. We are well recognized for delivering top-class services at a reasonable price. The technicians and the experts are highly trained at our center. Also, we offer a variety of health checkup packages. Our services are not limited; we also provide blood collection from home facilities to our customers to make them more comfortable.